Friday, February 16, 2018

Thailand

Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on here!
Anyways.... Hey y’all! Many of you have been praying for me and encouraging me on my adventure to Thailand. Everything is going really well and God has been so good to me to give me so many brothers and sisters who have cared for me during this time. Seth and Sara have been awesome and it has been a joy to see and spend so much time with them again. Micah has been so much fun! I’ve truly enjoyed taking care of him and spending time with him. He really is the seeetest thing and it has been a blessing to be a part of his life.  Our day typically starts off with saying a short little prayer for Thailand together each morning. Then we do a couple of the following: jumping on the bed, pillow fights, reading a book, playing with his monster trucks or cars, or playing in the yard before family worship and nap time. This morning he was super exhausted from jumping on the bed, “climbing on the mountain” and reading a book.  I love him to death and already know it will be very hard to leave him.

This morning Seth and I went to an early market before school. It was really neat to see all the different foods and things you could buy. We got some more sticky rice which is a staple around here and some grapes and a dessert for Sara. We’ve walked around town a few times since I’ve been here and I  always enjoy that very much! They have shown me lots of thing around town and I  have learned a lot about the culture as well as different beliefs of the Thai people. The other day we scootered/ran all the way to the park and got to see some huge monitor lizards and beautiful sights.

Seth and Sara’s schooling is going well. They were having some concerns that some of the teachers were not really holding up to what they are supposed to do with the method of learning that they are doing. So that was a bit discouraging but today the schedule changed yesterday and Praise the Lord both of them came home very encouraged about this new schedule!!

The food here is awesome and we’ve tried something new everyday! There are lots of safe places to buy food off the streets and it  has been fun to experience. I will post some food pictures shortly.

Sara and I have had some sweet conversations and even this morning they were both helping me bear my burden! It’s been a sweet time and I am so glad that I am here!

Please pray for nearness to Christ, heartfelt affection and worship of Him, wisdom and boldness with opportunities to share the Gospel with the Thai people, pray for me as I meet and get to know their church members here. Some of them have children that I hope to be able to pour into while I  am here.

I love y’all so much and please feel free to send me a text or FaceTime me! I want to hear what’s going on with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! Comments with unkind language or hateful content will not be published.